Got some interesting chutteny podi, using Pavaka/Karela/Bitter Goudge. Its from my friend @ Taste of Mysore. U can get the receipe details from here
For my reference, just making a note of it. Here goes
Biter Gourd : 1 No
Dry coconut/kopara - 1 Cup
Dry Red Chillies - As per the spiece required
Salt - as required
Tamarind - 1 samll piece
Jaggery - Small piece (I didnt had this)
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric and Salt for soaking Bitter Gourd
1. Wash and Grate the Bitter Gourd and milk it with salt and Turmeric keep it aside for 1/2hr.
2. After 1/2 hr, squeeze out the water from the Bitter Gourd and add little water and squeeze our the water too.
3. Take 1/2 tsp of oil in a hot bottomed pan and fry the Red Chillies. Keep them aside, In the same pan fry the Grated Bitter Gourd till it is crips and then keep it aside to cool down.
4. Put off the stove and add the Dry coconut in the same Pan for sometime. After all these are cooled down.
5. In a mixer at the Red Chillie,BG,Dry coconut.Salt,Tamarid,Jaggery and powder it . Let it be a bit Coarse.
6. Serve it with hot Rice or For Dosa as chutney powder . ENJOY MAADI
Photo is not proper. Camera got some prb..Swapa Adjust MAADI PLS